Skip to main content

E-SHOWCASE PERSONAL PROJECT MYPIB SMK SERI TUALANG

 Blog on endangered animals and ways to protect them


Introduction

What's up everyone. Hope you guys are doing well. My name is Richard Prekash. I am 16 (17 in 4 months). I study in SMK Seri Tualang. This blog is created as my personal project so that i may receive the certificate. My blog is an outcome. Please do read all the information below I guarantee its gonna be exciting. My blog is about endangered animals, ways to protect them and their importance to the ecosystem. I would really appreciate it if you could write some feedback on my blog.

Goal 

The goal of my project is to create awareness on the importance of endangered animals in Malaysia. Besides that, this project is in a blog so it will be available worldwide and can be accessed by anyone. I wanted to show people that animals no matter how small they are, they make huge contribution to our ecosystem and without them we wouldn’t be able to survive in this world. I also want this blog to be an eye opener to what is going on to these animals nowadays. 

Personal interest

I was always interested in learning about animals since I was a kid. It’s because they never cease to amaze me by the way they walk with or without legs, or carrying their own house on their back. So yeah you could say that I am a big fan of nature. I also wanted to show the world these amazing creatures that must be protected no matter the cost.

Challenges 

  •  This was the first time I am creating a blog so it was a big problem since     I didn't know how to use some of the features. 
  • Poor Wi-Fi connection making my work twice as harder
  • Fear of publishing

Global context 

  • Globalization and sustainability

Explorations 

  • Human impact on the environment
  • Commonality, diversity, & interconnection
  • Consumption, conservation

References

 Endangered animals 

https://www.lokalocal.com/blog/outdoors/endangered-animals-malaysia/

Importance to the ecosystem

https://blogs.ntu.edu.sg/hp3203-1718-s2-16/consequences/#:~:text=Malayan%20Tapir%20plays%20a%20huge,variety%20of%20reptiles%20and%20plants.

Ways to protect them

http://www.humanedecisions.com/40-ways-to-help-protect-endangered-and-wild-animals-everyday/

Biology book

Gan Wan Yeat (2019) Biology form 4, Selangor, mustread Sdn.bhd

Encyclopedia

The Golden Book Encyclopedia, volume 11, 2000

Book

Penny, Malcolm, and Wendy Meadway. Endangered Animal. Bookwright Press, 1988.

Huddleston, Emma. Seed Dispersers: Poop, Fur, and Other Ways Animals Scatter Seeds. Abdo Publishing, 2020.

Krien, Anna. Us and Them: on the Importance of Animals. Black Inc., 2012.


Process of my project

First and foremost I googled up to find information that are relevant to my project in order to fill in some basic knowledge.


Then I searched videos in YouTube on how to create a blog since I am not that good





After that, I learned how to create post and blogs and made some that are relevant to my project 


My supervisor Pn.Fatimah Binti Haji Uyub helped me to complete my project in the nick of time. She taught me how to implement the rubrics in my project which made it ten times better.


Hope

I hope that my blog will be an eye opener to what is going on to these animals nowadays. I know that such a small step would make much difference but one small step for man is a huge leap for humanity and if it is read by big parties or government it could be a start of a new era for endangered animals in a good way. So i hope that people will help these creatures for the better world with man and beasts together.

Reflection
Throughout the whole process of creating my blog I learned a lot of thing that  I didn't even heard about before. I also improved my writing skills and my speaking skills. My way of thinking has also become more matured. Moreover I also created new bonds with many new people.

#MYPIBSEMESTU2021
#PPSEMESTU2021

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Endangered animals in Malaysia

  Malaysia is a country known for it ecosystem and mesmerizing floras and  faunas. Containing  an estimated 15,000 species of vascular plants, 306 species of mammals, 742 species of birds, 242 species of amphibians, 567 species of reptiles, over 449 species of freshwater fish, over 500 species of marine fish and more than 150,000 species invertebrate.  Malaysia is undoubtedly a perfect habitat for all sorts of animals.  Unfortunately not all animals are as fortunate as others. some are hunted as prize, poached for money, kill for skin or other body parts. Some are even endangered through deforestation and pollution. Here are some of the animals that had fallen victim to mankind cruelty: 1) Black shrew      B lack shrew also know as ( Suncus ater ) is a white toothed shrew native in Mount Kinabalu in the Malaysian state of Sabah on the island of Borneo.  It is listed as a critically endangered species due to habitat loss and a restricted range. It is the smallest shrew of its kind meas

Ways the protect these mesmerizing creatures

  Ways to protect these creatures from extinction There are a lot of ways to protect these creatures from extinction. Here are some of the smallest things you can do that can make a big difference. 1) Volunteer     If you are unable to donate money, you can donate your time in order to help protect these wildlife by rescuing wildlife or even help educate people about wildlife. 2) Donate     You can donate money to help conservation organization such as the WWF. For example your money can be used to build a sanctuary for these endangered wildlife. 3) Education      Parents can teach their children about the importance of wildlife to us and the whole world. For example parents can show them videos about endangered animals. Teachers also play an important role in this because teachers can teach students in school about wildlife. 4) Campaign       The government can start a campaign about wildlife. This will attract media and press which mean a lot of people will be attracted to check it